FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   BenutzergruppenMitgliederliste   RegistrierenRegistrieren   ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Torpedoproblem

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    9te UFlottille Foren-Übersicht -> Silent Hunter IV
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Moortaucher
Stammgast

BeitragVerfasst am: 12.11.2009, 10:02    Titel: Torpedoproblem Antworten mit Zitat

Moin zusammen,

ich habe seit langem mal wieder SH IV plus U-Boot Missions rausgeholt nun habe ich ein Problem mit den Torpedos in denn Booten der S klasse. Und zwar kann ich nach der 2. Mission keine Aale mehr aussuchen und es liegen in den Rohren Mark 10 Aale was ja auch korrekt ist. Aber in den Reservehalterungen liegen Mark 14 Torpedos die passen aber normalerweise gar nicht in die Boote der S klasse weil sie zu lang sind für die Rohre.

Und noch ein Fehler ist mir aufgefallen und zwar sehe ich in der Amerikanischen Kampagne keine Beschreibung mehr für die Subsysteme.

Wer hat das auch so?
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Falke
Mitglied der 9ten
Mitglied der 9ten

BeitragVerfasst am: 09.05.2010, 19:55    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Also ich nicht, bei mir ist´n anderes Problem zwinkern

Gruss Falke
**U-9**
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.02.2019, 22:11    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

New member to this board, but some may recognize me from Subsim.

Privilege to create New Topics must not be activated yet, but I can quote things, so that got this message box open for me, and this thread is not too far off the topic of my query: "Port Turning Torps Eight in a Row"

Here is the original thread where I inquired about the torpedo problem I am having.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-684-QpZwPIs/UJKATCoxKkI/AAAAAAADMXI/7eKeoAF8WCc/s320/davidgreybeard.jpg

Zitat:
I'm well aware of the real life historical problems of the Mk 14 brand torpedo, and that the vanilla game as well as mods (my own list of mods is up above there) models these flaws in the torpedo.

However, I have now consistently seen something in the course of about 4 different sessions (May 42 ish in game).

For at least 18 maybe 24 torpedoes in a row, every single torpedo veers hard to port (relative to its own nose). This is after I have methodically setup shots (generally against stationary targets, but some against the moving target in the previous post).

Does that sound like a problem in the actual software or my mod settings maybe?

My understanding of the causes of the erratic circular runs in the torps were that it had to do with deficiencies in the design/quality/manufacturing of the gyros that correct for the course after the torp completes its ~200 yard exit phase, the torp would attempt to turn to correct itself and get on its proper "heading to target phase" and then junk would jam up and it would stay in that turn. But 24 torps in a row all with the exact same malfunction!?

Is it possible that I'm somehow inputting my TDC stuff in such an incredibly reverse fashion that the data are "telling" those torps to all turn hard (like 30-degrees hard) to port!? I find that hard to conceive.

I had no such problem with the Mk 10s in the S boat, my torps went where I aimed them, so I don't think that is a reasonable explanation given I'm using largely the same procedures to launch these Mk 14s on their merry way.

I'm very conflicted about this from a gameplay standpoint. On the one hand, I appreciate the "realistic" modeling of historical challenges faced by USN submariners. It is incredibly annoying to spend an hour or so setting up the "perfect stealth kill" and then watch as 4 torpedoes in a row head off toward Timbuktu, apparently possessed by the Ghost of Penguins Past . . . so it must have been REALLY! annoying, like hopping-made ANNOYING! for the poor fellers on those boats . . . I'm surprised there were no murders much less fist fights when some of the field commanders/crew confronted some of the intractable, self-important HQ brass on these torps . . .

So: modeling it is cool.

From a game play standpoint, the prospect of starting at beginning of war and trying to make it all the way through is intriguing.

However, from a game play standpoint, it honestly feels like I'm wasting my precious play time spending hours going to locations to set up attacks then watching my torps behave in what I would think are even MORE absurdbly erratic manner than they did in actual reality. I mean come on: 18 to 24 torps in a ROW all veer hard to port!?

This is my build:

I also cross-posted about the issue in the RAL thread on Subsim.

Sorry to find you were banned. That seems like Bullshit.
Bleiente-Ralf
Flottillenwrack
Flottillenwrack

BeitragVerfasst am: 22.02.2019, 22:55    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I have the impression that you have just a mod-soup of the unwanted kind on your computer.
Since you have not played for a long time, delete SH4 including the registry (My Documents, SH4) and install the game with JSGME and 4GB patch including my ModPack completely new.
Normally you have only torpedo outages (depending on the settings) to mid-1943 between 30-50 percent.

You can only set up one game for each mega mode, so there is MultiSH4.

I'm glad to see you. Top

Marine
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.02.2019, 00:39    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Bleiente-Ralf hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I have the impression that you have just a mod-soup of the unwanted kind on your computer.
Since you have not played for a long time, delete SH4 including the registry (My Documents, SH4) and install the game with JSGME and 4GB patch including my ModPack completely new.
Normally you have only torpedo outages (depending on the settings) to mid-1943 between 30-50 percent.

I'm glad to see you. Top

Marine

Ahhh! a completely new mod pack. Well that does sound pretty good!

Presently distracted by Pacific Storm: Allies, but I will find the DL of your new mod pack and do a fresh install of the game in the not too distant future.
Eichhörnchen
Fähnrich
Fähnrich

BeitragVerfasst am: 23.02.2019, 01:13    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Welcome aboard, DicheBach! Top
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden E-Mail senden Website dieses Benutzers besuchen
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 04.03.2019, 01:51    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I'm glad to see you. Top

Marine

Well something is not good. Totally uninstalled (and deleted the MyDoc\SH4 directory too. Reinstalled the app(s) (SH4 and the uboat expansion) onto a slave drive (migrating all my Steam games to a 1TB slave). Used the LargeAddressAware.exe on the new SH4.exe. Downloaded and unpacked your "" and then installed the two sub-directories of that using JSGME

Launch from SH4.exe, and the menu options seem to reflect your mod is running (though the load screens look vanilla . . .)

Start a new U.S. career in Manilla 30 Nov 41, and then head out and when the game starts to load the "outside harbor" location BOOM crash.

I did not mess with multiSH4 and maybe that is my problem?
Bleiente-Ralf
Flottillenwrack
Flottillenwrack

BeitragVerfasst am: 04.03.2019, 13:06    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

No - this is a little misunderstanding.
You have to follow the original installation routine:
Installation via JSGM:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys *1
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC *2

Please note!
In the "OTC OptionalGoodys" folder are various folders for the respective resolution, the periscope view, and the IJN-AI. These must be copied and activated individually into the game.
For me it looks like this for example:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
2.1 TMO_Sample_Emblem
2.1 TMO_Sub_Pirate_flag

A NEW CAMPAIGN MUST BE BEGINN!

Explanation: "Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single Update" is only an extension and replacement of "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" from the main version "Ralles RealModPack V1.2final full".

And in the folder "2.1 ModPack_Optionals" are the actual alternative modes, they have to be individually copied into the game or the JSGME and activated similar to the folder "1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys" ...

I hope this helps you.

Marine
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 03:38    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

No - this is a little misunderstanding.
You have to follow the original installation routine:
Installation via JSGM:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys *1
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC *2

Please note!
In the "OTC OptionalGoodys" folder are various folders for the respective resolution, the periscope view, and the IJN-AI. These must be copied and activated individually into the game.
For me it looks like this for example:
1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC
2.1 TMO_Sample_Emblem
2.1 TMO_Sub_Pirate_flag

A NEW CAMPAIGN MUST BE BEGINN!

Explanation: "Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single Update" is only an extension and replacement of "2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" from the main version "Ralles RealModPack V1.2final full".

And in the folder "2.1 ModPack_Optionals" are the actual alternative modes, they have to be individually copied into the game or the JSGME and activated similar to the folder "1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys" ...

I hope this helps you.

Marine

Ah thanks Ralf! Will do.
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 16:53    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I see that here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2487097&postcount=133

You say that "1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502" is not really compatible with your Mod Soup. So I was thinking of leaving it out of my modded build (I had it installed in my previous build and apart from the strange string of left veering torps the modded game showed no signs of problems).

But I wanted to inquire about it. See if you had any additional thoughts beyond "it isn't quite compatible . . ." lachen

On closer examination I see that you DO list it in your example of what your JSGME list looks like, so I installed it too . . .

I doubt that I NEED whatever changes that mod introduced, though not sure since I'm coming back to the game after several months of not playing . . .

Also, what are your thoughts on these two "2.1TorpedoupdateV2" and "V2_Fremantle" packages? I don't think I want these in my build given that they might well have been the source of the problem I was having before!

ADDIT: Okay! based on the load screens I think I probably got myself properly set up now Will take me a while to get through my initial S-boat and into a Mk-14 using boat out of Fremantle . . .
Bleiente-Ralf
Flottillenwrack
Flottillenwrack

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 17:24    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

DicheBach hat Folgendes geschrieben:
I see that here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2487097&postcount=133

You say that "1.5_OTC_Tokko's Revenge for RSRDCv502" is not really compatible with your Mod Soup.

As far as I remember, it was about problems with the aircraft and / or their weapons, otherwise everything was ok with OTC incl. Tocco`s Revenge.
As a preliminary solution, I had therefore provided this:
Bleiente hat Folgendes geschrieben:
3. Unofficial patch regarding the aircraft AI incl. Bubbles ship compilation
https://workupload.com/file/CHazvzZ

DicheBach hat Folgendes geschrieben:
Also, what are your thoughts on these two "2.1TorpedoupdateV2" and "V2_Fremantle" packages? I don't think I want these in my build given that they might well have been the source of the problem I was having before!

Yes - I had already suspected "Torpedoupdate" for excessive misses and losers... lachend

Alaaarm!
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 19:31    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hey one more question(s) before I get on with playing the game (and I'll post back here at least once more to confirm if my port-veering torpedoes problem seems to have been solved).

I think already told you, I've got a couple years training in C++ (as well as Java but more rusty, and also some Javascript, but even more rusty).

I've got my own project in Unreal Engine that I really MUST keep moving forward. But it can be nice to have a side-project or two that keeps various skills engaged on a weekly basis. At present I'm totally focused on texture creation in Substance Designer, and haven't done jack or shit coding for too long . . .

One thing I find quite deficient in the game is crew management. In general, as one's crew begins to level up and gain attributes, the interface that is provided is very clunky when it comes to surveying your whole crew, and/or all the candidates available to recruit.

I think the ideal would be an in-game window which could have either one or two panes (depending on user setting). At minimum, the windows would have sort functionaliy on all columns, as well as filter functionality on all values/strings. In addition to that, the ability to customize columns would be, if not essential a very good thing to include.

Rows would of course be crew men, and columns would be attributes (name, rank, the various skills, special abilities, current assignment).

I have not yet tackled this kind of UI programming at all, so this would definitely be a learning experience for me.

Is there a mod or utility that presently does anything like this? Would it be necessary to do this in a utility outside of the game? Or are there any existing inputs that could be used to get something like this to run in the game?
Bleiente-Ralf
Flottillenwrack
Flottillenwrack

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 20:54    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Well - I just do not understand what you find problematic in team management.
In my opinion, SH4 actually has a massive advantage over the other SH parts (Sh3 + 5).
Once you've set up your teams in the harbor, they will independently execute their guards and orders. Top
Only teams of cannon and anti-aircraft guns must be moved because they are unprotected while diving.

Marine
DicheBach
Gast

BeitragVerfasst am: 05.03.2019, 22:53    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Well - I just do not understand what you find problematic in team management.
In my opinion, SH4 actually has a massive advantage over the other SH parts (Sh3 + 5).
Once you've set up your teams in the harbor, they will independently execute their guards and orders. Top
Only teams of cannon and anti-aircraft guns must be moved because they are unprotected while diving.

Marine

"Once you've set up your teams" yes. The game is fine at that point.

I'm talking about the early phases of a campaign when you have a brand new crew and can select from the unassigned crew in the port/base, as well as during the first few returns after a patrol when you may need to replace crewman or else have a potential opportunity to trade out certain deficient crewmen for better candidates.

The other time is, after you get assigned a new, larger boat.

Admittedly, just repeatedly clicking on crewmans icons, and perhaps jotting down notes is sufficient. But imagine if you had a tabular view in the game.

I got two screens maybe I'll pull up an Excel doc on my non-game screen pull up my S-boats crew management and take the time to enter in all my crewman's data and then tweak that excel page so that it has an appearance about like what I'd envision for an in-game UI and then post it to a google sheets and maybe post some screen shots.

I admit, it isn't a gaping deficiency in the game. But it would be nice, and it would give me something to start exploring UI programming and design.
Bleiente-Ralf
Flottillenwrack
Flottillenwrack

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.03.2019, 20:36    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Ok - I understand.
This would only be possible with an external program similar to the "SH3-Commander".
Within SH4 such changes would not be possible to my knowledge.

With friendly greeting
Bleiente-Ralf

Alaaarm!
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    9te UFlottille Foren-Übersicht -> Silent Hunter IV Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 2 Stunden
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.